I purchased a gift from Red Envelope.Soon thereafter there was a mysterious $1.95 charge on my credit card, followed by monthly charges of $14.95 to the same cryptic entity - "RED E RWD".

When I called the phone number associated with it, I found out that this was a concierge service called "Red Envelope Rewards". They explained that when you make a purchase on Red Envelope, they ask you if you want to try their rewards program for free. And if you don't cancel, they just start charging you.

I don't ever try these things, and I don't remember specifically enrolling.Either way it's a dubious business practice and makes me never again want to do business with Red Envelope.

Comments

Had the same 14.95$ charge on my credit card too. Unfortunately I only found this after 4 years and lost more than 900$

This is the finest way of bringing attention towards your blog.I am relieved I came upon this site. Finally I found something useful for me. I have been looking for information on this particular topic for longer time.

Regards:

jewelry boxes

Red Envelope is definitely used to dealing with this by now.Call 877-733-3683 - option 2.

They gave me a FULL refund (26 months) with no hassles. They were kind and apologetic and have severed ties with the partner company offering this service.

They no longer offer the reward at all.

I'm pretty pleased and I have renewed faith in Red Envelope.

I'll never shop at Red Envelope again.

They won't even let me stop the ongoing charges, let alone get a refund, because the account is in my wife's name.

same thing here...21 cycles at $14.95 per month...

To their credit though, they processed the refund right away with little fuss. First they suggested 2 months then I said no way and they quickly refunded it all...

As much as this is annoying, they did claim to process the refund right away, so gotta give them credit for that...

#301934

Just received a call from Citi Fraud dept..and I too have had that charge for over 2.5 years!Good news is they are refunding me thanks 100% to the above posts.

Armed with this information I was able to effectively argue my points.

My total refund: $479!Thanks all!

red envelope customer support now has a pretty streamlined refund process, so definitely call them first: 877-733-3683.they were friendly and understanding, and coordinated a full refund for me with no hassle.

i had over 2 years of charges and it should all be coming back to me.

the call took about 5 minutes, and i have a direct line to an agent now if for any reason the full refund doesn't come through in the timeframe they gave me.glad they are making an effort to do right by people on this, as i most definitely never authorized joining the rewards program.

I called 1-888-739-6272 and told them that I realized I had been getting charged $14.95 a month for the past 21 months.The first man I spoke with told me he would cancel the membership and then refund me $14.95.

I explained that I wanted the entire amount of $313.95 returned to me and he offered me $89. I explained again that I wanted the entire amount and slowly the amount increased that he was willing to offer me. I was transfered to consumer affairs and told I could only receive 12 months refund at $179.40. Not acceptable ...

I explained. she put me on hold and came back with an offer of the entire amount $313.95. I was told the $179.40 would be credited back to my account and the rest would be mailed back to me in the form of a check. I am waiting now for my check but optimistic that it will show up.

Don't let them tell you "NO".You can get all of your money back.

to profiled Dawsonville, Georgia, United States #641220

I was just wondering if you ever received all of your money? I just had a similar issue with them and I am worried that I will not get a check.

Red Envelope is a terrible organization.They have scammed me out of $450 from the rewards program and they also they sent me a defective piece of merchandise and refused to let me return it to them or let me get a refund.

Please take my advice and never buy from Red Envelope ever again.They are all scam artists and treat their customers like dirt!!!!